Thursday, November 7, 2013

Noticing {Day 7}

On Thursdays, Austen and I hang out (as long as I'm not working) while K is at school. I have been subbing on some Thursdays, so this was the first one in a little while that I've gotten to spend with A. One-on-one with her was just what I needed; 3 year old short fuse and all.

Austen has been giving us a run for our money lately. In a nutshell: Most things are a big deal, no matter how much we don't give in to whining and crying she still tries very often, and she is a sassy little thing. Good gravy. She'll drive you to drink by 4:00. But, we love our little spitfire and she's dang funny and cute.

Today was "Hat Day" in K's class (this week was brought to us by the letter H). I started out by giving her a pony tail this morning, which I had to take a picture of because that combined with the button down shirt made her look, like, 16. Just trust me -- the picture doesn't do it justice (especially because it's an awful pic):


 Then I realized that beanies don't work well with high ponies, so we ditched that.


This one wanted to pose, too...naturally:


Austen and I went to get my fingerprints done, as the last step for my subbing paperwork in Edmonds! Should be about a week to get through payroll, then life as I know it will change. My subbing commute should go down by 30-60 minutes, depending on location. Needless to say, I'm beyond excited. I will still commute once a week for tutoring, but this will be such a relief.

We had a few minutes to kill, so we stopped by Grammie and Papa's. Austen, again, wanted to pose. She refuses to put her hat over her ears because she says she can't hear. So there the Grinch sits, high on top of her head...




Little miss photographer, and this isn't even half of them:

 I thoroughly enjoyed my morning with my spunky Austen Jean.


---------

This evening, Gina and I went to the annual training for the Quest proctoring in my school district. We went to dinner (and possibly froyo) afterwards.

A great day, full of good to focus on.

No comments: