Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween {2013}

I'd say that Halloween keeps getting better, but every year has had its own "best."

The day started with both girls' Halloween parties at school (actually, it started with me getting up at 5:00 to make a fruit salad, but...). I really, really enjoyed being the "mom helper" at Austen's party, and dropping into K's class afterwards. I wore my bat headband, took pictures to send to the teachers, and served Halloween snacks to adorable, costumed three years olds. I'm a lucky mama.



They draw, Daddy carves:



Breakfast with a "Princess Witch" and "Blue Fairy"

















 Austen got to join Kaitlyn and her friends for a bit. Big stuff!


 We got to tag along on K's costume parade. The fairy is flying to catch up...






 After school we trick-or-treated at Grammie and Papa's and Grandma and Grandpa's: 





Baby Hayden was there and was talking up a storm:





The Hembrees came for dinner (well, they made and brought dinner!) and trick-or-treating. They brought these delicious sugar pumpkins filled with jasmine rice, apples, cranberries, ground turkey and probably some other goodness -- all I know is that they were GOOD! And even better since they were festive.


 The kids had pizza...

 I'm not sure if they had more fun answering the door and giving candy, or trick-or-treating themselves:










 The big girls called it a night before the little ones. Audrey (cutest bumble bee ever...her little stinger wagged back and forth all night as she walked house to house) and Austen kept at it.
We ended at our house:

YUM.


Another one in the books. I needed that. Good, good times.

No comments: