Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Noticing {Day 13}

What gets you up in the morning? Me: Coffee and oatmeal (with a dab of brown sugar and splash of almond milk). A Christmas mug doesn't hurt.


Kaitlyn was still under the weather today -- enough to keep her out of school, but not so much that she couldn't enjoy outings with Mama. I get one-on-one time most weeks with Austen while K is in school on Thursdays, but I got to spend this morning with my oldest. We dropped little sis at school then went to the doctor to get her rash checked out (viral -- why can't I get my mind out of the black hole that is my anxiety and just believe that she's okay and that they are right? I always assume the worst), and I asked her what she'd like to do special with me. She wanted ice cream. I'm almost positive that one of those Facebook articles now has me pegged as the bad mom because my kid must associate being sick or something special with sugar or sweets or whatever. She was so excited that I couldn't worry about how I was screwing her up (where's the sarcasm font?) I'll tell ya how I really feel later...


Costco! (K made a wand out of the receipt and was Bippity-Boppity-Booing everything in sight):

This just makes me smile:


Another evening outside. Crisp air, perfectly chilly. I got Kaitlyn this bike off of Craigslist about a month ago and we are just now breaking it in. She had trouble the other day getting it going, fell off and scraped her knee and made a half-hearted attempt to get back on. Today, she was determined. She and I talk about being flexible. Her in-her-own-words definition: "It means you just shrug and say, 'Oh well.'"

She got a little huffy at first, but mastered the pedaling by the end of the block. Proud. I'll put Jeff in charge of taking off the training wheels...






 "Austen, gimme a pose!" Don't know where she got this:


She watches what I do, then does it herself:



--------

A few more from the other night:









No comments: