Sunday, November 10, 2013

Noticing {Day 10}

Tonight, as the girls were going to bed, they both wanted to same book to take to their rooms (typical scenario here). I opened my mouth to help, but before I could say anything they had worked out a deal.

"Okay, Austen. If you want the Barbie book, I'll take Sophia and I'll get the Barbie book tomorrow night."

Side note: Kaitlyn seems older to us every day. She is much more patient, and just "gets" things more, especially with Austen being younger than her. Brings tears to my eyes almost every day (emotional here).

She is still five, and still has her moments, but she is really growing up and turning into such a sweet girl. She's always been a sweetheart, but those not-so-sweet moments are just becoming further between.

I'm going to cheat and include a something from a little while ago on today's post. I'm copying and pasting from Facebook:

I just showed the girls our wedding video, and Kaitlyn in particular was SO excited to watch it (they've already been to a good number of weddings). We start watching and K was smiling ear to ear, so happy, then all of a sudden comes down next to me and says, "But Mommy, I feel like I want to cry," and starts bawling. I tried to explain to her that sometimes being really happy makes us cry. I think this was the first time she had experienced that emotion and didn't really know what to make of it.
When she calmed down, she looks at me and says, "It was just so beautiful."
She's been around for almost 5 years, and I can say, without a doubt, that this was my most favorite Kaitlyn moment!


And as long as I'm at it:

Kaitlyn:
"Mommy I have something important to tell you. You picked out the bestest daddy for us.
I have another really important thing to tell you. Daddy picked out the most special mommy."
 


We haven't gotten her a pony yet, but she's getting there. Oh, and I do get the "I don't like you anymore, Mommy's" and even an "I hate you" when she's mad at me. It can't all be puppies and rainbows!  


Austen Jean:

Jeff has been showing the girls "movies" of how things are made (inspired by a Mr. Rogers episode they had watched). They watched how jelly beans were made the other day, and he asked what they wanted to see next.

Austen: "I wanna see how people are made!" 


She keeps us on our toes, makes us laugh daily, gives the best runupandjumpinyourarms hugs, and makes us want to pull our hair out. She is, our Austen Jelly Bean.

    
Transferring her cottage cheese container bank into her new (old) owl bank. 
---------

The Bed Monster. (Daddies are just fun.)




Austen's photography:
 

No comments: