Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter

Easter was a whole new ballgame this year. For reasons I can't fathom, this was the first year the Easter Bunny hid eggs for the girls in the morning. In prior years, he left baskets of goodies by the fireplace and called it a day.

We decided, arbitrarily, that this was the year that E. Bunny would hide eggs. Oh and he did not disappoint. Easter morning is now right up there with Christmas morning. Girls jumping in our bed, squealing about whether he came, and even the impatient begging of "Mooooooommmm, can't we go downstairs now?!" And me going down to fetch coffee and my camera before allowing the fun to commence.

Something about that whole scene is comforting to me. It's funny that I allow the same torture in my home, seeing how it drove me bonkers when I was their age (my dad could take so much precious time finding and putting on his glasses and robe...)

Anyway, the girls were all over the egg hunt around the house in the morning, and we got some fun family time with just the four of us. We headed over to my parents' for an early dinner, and my Grandma Gertrude was able to join us which was a treat all in its own.

A few of my faves, posed:







And the inevitable photo dump:

I've long accepted the fact that I'm a bit quirky, so I have no problem admitting that even seeing the eggs that we...ahem, the Bunny... hid the night before, peeking out from their hiding spots, gives me child-like butterflies. It's okay to raise your eyebrows.






The ever-classic "You are seriously making us wait, Mom?" look (bedhead and all)...love it. Anyone who knows the girls well, by the way, knows that K wore that dress to bed and A put hers on first thing...









 He brought floaties for our upcoming Hawaii trip. Smart bunny, he is:














They both wanted "big braids."




















Best Easter, in the books!

---------


No comments: