Saturday, May 19, 2012

Perfect Mother's Day

Yep, I'm throwin' out the P-word. I don't like to use it too often, but last weekend earned it.

That being said, it's amazing how quickly my mind blocks out memories of two little girls taking an hour.and.a.half to go to sleep since they aren't used to sleeping with Mama and Daddy. If last weekend already looks perfect in my mind after a week, I imagine that it will look like heaven on Earth 20 years from now.

It really was exquisite. I got a weekend in my favorite place, Chelan, with my family of four, and the girls had the time of their lives. To risk being a broken record, there is nothing better than seeing my kids so happy and free-spirited. My cheeks got a workout for two days with little time for a straight face. These girls make me smile so much it hurts.

We headed out on Friday evening after work, and both girls were zonked out by the time we reached our hotel. This made for an easy bedtime the first night. I got such joy out of waking up a few times during the night, only to realize that we were sleeping all together as a family.

This scene has become quite familiar to the Collins Family. Well, it's more commonly executed in the back of the car, but it was full of everything we own (that's what we bring on two day trips nowadays...don't you?). This is the little smile we get every time Austen tinkles. We can't get enough, obviously:


There just happened to be a parade going on in Manson on Saturday. The girls had a blast princess waving, dancing to middle school bands, running for candy, and getting to eat some of that candy. You can bet that I was on a mommy high for the rest of the day.
Too much parade fun!
Kaitlyn surprised us by going out in the water by herself!
She was proud to coax her little sister to do the same.
Two brave girls!
Ever since seeing a girl do the splits at Aunt Stacey's wedding, this is Kailtyn's move.
Evening picnic at the park...it just kept getting better.

I don't think I've documented The Great Haircut of 2012 yet. This is showing the surprisingly good job she did on her bangs. I love them!
What they did for an entire hour.
Kaitlyn has been really into taking pictures with Mama's camera. This is some of her work.
And this would be a self-timer picture.

The weekend exceeded my expectations and refreshed me. It delivered many reminders that I am lucky; really dang lucky. I have absolutely nothing to complain about, and so much to be thankful for. 

1 comment:

Julie said...

Aw, what a fun weekend! Where did you stay? I've wanted to go to Chelan for years but my guy has no interest. Mother's Day would be a great way to get him to go. ;)