Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Labels

I read a lot of blogs. Some, I follow quite religiously, others I have stumbled on only once and moved on. They aren't hard to find these days, these blogs. Since they are so trendy, one can easily find someone writing about something they can appreciate, be inspired by, get annoyed at ;), or relate to. I tend to continue going back to the ones I relate to or have a positive impact on my state of mind.

My own blog has many faces. I stressed for a short - very short - time about what I wanted this place to be. I love writing, I love taking pictures of my kids, and I am not always in the mood for blogging and sometimes want to simply document in order to look back at our blog books years from now because that is important to me.

Conclusion? This place is whatever I want it to be at any particular time. :) No labels here. I'm not trying to get hundreds of followers or become an author. I am one of hundreds of followers on some popular blogs, and I root for people who have the goal of being in that spot and/or writing a book. Me? I'm just a mama, minding my own business and blogging about my family and rambling thoughts. I strive to be compassionate and genuine, and am sometimes a little too worried about stepping on toes. I am a big "benefit of the doubt" person, and I hope others will do the same for me. I'm often "confrontational," and I think that term gets a bad rap. For me, this means that I have a need to talk things out so they are out in the open and can be fixed. I can't stand thinking or knowing that someone is upset with me. I don't ever, ever, intentionally hurt someone or do wrong by them and if I find out that I have I usually overcompensate to try to make it better (I love my friends and family for loving me through this sometimes exhausting trait ;-)).

"Don't judge me until you know me. Don't underestimate me until you challenge me. And don't talk about me until you talk to me."

---------

And just to prove that I am a little bit scattered and a lot a procrastinator, here are a bunch of pictures from Easter:

This is what we found Kaitlyn doing with her new glow sticks. Love.This.Kid.
The poor, orange one in the corner? That's Austen's. "Okay, be gentle with this one." "Okay!" PLOP! This is what little bruisers do :)

Kaitlyn had some fun helping us set up for Stacey and Aaron's rehearsal dinner bbq:

We came outside to this. She was arranging all of the drinks (and her elf-voice microphone) into the cupholders in the coolers. Organized like her mama...


Paper on a bottle is about as far as we get with labels around here. ;) 

No comments: