Monday, April 23, 2012

Thank you, Seattle

We have been blessed with some beautiful April days here in Seattle, and if you live in a place that sees gray most of the year you don't take these days for granted. You soak them up for everything they are worth, and use those memories to stay warm when waking up to a downpour the next morning.

I try very hard to not complain about the weather here. I do find myself wishing for more sunny days, and Jeff and I toy with the idea of moving every once in a while, but there is no use complaining. Complaining breeds negativity and doesn't fix anything.

I know that rain has its good points, but I'd love to get outside with my kids more (if you have ever been couped up for days on end with two young kids, you know that this is kind of a big deal). I'll go outside in rain, but freezing cold + rain is not worth it to me; I'm a wimp. Kudos to those who don't let it stop them!

I also despise the treadmill, which means that I either brave the elements or take too much time off from running. I used to use the gym in the winter, but since having kids this isn't an option in my mind, as it takes too much time away with the commute. This is one of the first years when, after a brief pep talk with myself about sucking it up, I've run almost year round: Rain, shine, snow, or freezing. That's all well and good (actually, it's not - I'll do it, but I don't have to like it), but please cross your fingers for no downpours during my 13.1 miles next Sunday. :)

So anyway...thank you, Seattle, for delivering some beautiful play-outside weather this month. We have dulled our sidewalk chalk, put miles on trikes and running shoes, broken in the neighborhood parks, and drained bubble containers.



I was trying to get Austen to smile, and this little face shows up right in front of my lens. "I'll smile for you, Mama!"


I'll post any picture with me in it, since there are so few. The neighbor took this, and both the girls are obviously skeptical!



Kaitlyn was teaching Austen how to blow bubbles. We went through two containers this day:




Different week, same sunshine and chalk. My dad came over to help Jeff fix our wall. Remember the leaky pipe incident? It's all fixed now. :)



She likes to "check the mail"






Yesterday also turned into garage spring cleaning. A long time coming!


Adventure girl...

Kaitlyn was really into her fishing pole yesterday. Practicing her casting and patiently sitting to work on her pole.



Grammie came by at the end of the boys' work for a bit


Thanks, Seattle. :)


Sidenote: I was quite happy with Blogger's last update. This latest one? Not so much. They sucked the user-friendly right out of it. Sigh...

5 comments:

Maggie said...

Hello, from a blog stalker! (I'm not super creepy, I swear. I found you on Kara's bloglist)

Love these pictures. Great depth of field. Your girls are darling!

Lisa said...

Ha! Thanks, Maggie! Well, if that makes one a blog stalker, then make room for me in that boat...I like to refer to it as "blog enjoyer" ;)
I checked out your blog from Kara's as well - you are a talented writer, and right back at ya about the darling kids! I was in Wenatchee the other weekend and ended up texting my hubby to tell him to start looking for work! We want to move, but I am not brave enough to go out of state away from the fam. :)

Lisa said...

And that would be in reference to you living in Eastern Wa :)

Maggie said...

I love the area! It's a great place to raise kids, with beautiful scenery, and it's definitely a break from the rat-race on the westside. My heart belongs to Puget Sound, but I swear I'll never leave this place! :)

I drop all my instagram pics into a photo collage on photobucket- BUT, they just changed their editing software and got rid of the collage feature. :( Long story short, I tracked it down to fotoflexer.com

Also, picmonkey.com is a great photo editing site.

Hope this helped- happy weekend! :)

Lisa said...

Ahh...thanks! I will try that. Now, to find the time to post hundreds of them - I just simply want to get them in for memories. :)
I just stumbled on picmonkey through picnik, which just shut down. I need to play with it more -good to know others use it and like it.
Eastern Wa is tempting! I have great memories over there (Chelan, specifically) from childhood.
Thanks again, and happy weekend to you as well. :)