Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Do-Over

What can I say...today was just "one of those days." I'm tired, kinda cranky, and would probably pay someone large amounts of money to be able to just sleep for three days straight. Rather than wish for something that cannot be -- a do-over -- I'll be content with knowing that tomorrow is a new day. I'll be more patient, more present, and let more of the little things go.
I should be saying that it was "one of those evenings," because the work day was actually great. I wish that someone, anyone (another adult), would have been in my classroom to witness my students' reactions when they walked in to a Valentine picture of the girls on their desks. Their excitement was priceless and it made my heart happy that they love my kids so much. I had no idea that such a small token would make their days...but I'm glad it did. :-)


Day care evenings can be rough around here. The girls have had a full day and are usually beat. This has the potential to make for more time outs and more constant redirecting. I'm asked quite frequently how I go from teaching kids all day to taking care of my own kids at home and remain standing, and honestly, most of the time it seems that it's not as hard as it should be. I'm exhausted, yes, but many nights I am able to laugh with Jeff as the dog is barking and both kids are whining for something. As I've quoted before, "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane." Well, tonight I was closer to insanity than laughing, so it's time I hit the hay and accept my fresh start with my 4:45 alarm clock.

G'night. :-)

4 comments:

Julie said...

I agree, day-care evenings are SO much tougher!

Lisa said...

Well, while I don't wish these "day care evenings" (that should really go into the dictionary as an official term) on anyone else, I can't deny that it's nice to know that it's not just us. :) Here's to summers off!! :-)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I only work when my husband is at home, so we don't need any day care.

How are you?

Lisa said...

Luckily, the only go three days, and grandparents take the other two days - kind of a good schedule. :) I'm dong well, thanks!