Monday, March 28, 2011

It's the Little Things...

Today, my very own little girl sat so still and patient while I braided her hair. I have been looking forward to this for as long as I can remember. :-) I don't know if it's being a mom, or simply silly inspirational quotes that have come my way over the past few years, but I am realizing more and more that life is what you make it. No one, major occurence is what is going to make us all the way happy. I truly believe that the best thing we can do is to learn to find happiness in daily happenings, and in small things, otherwise we will spend our whole life waiting for that "thing" that is going to make us complete. Stop waiting! Embrace what you have, and depend on yourself for happiness, not everyone else. We have one life to live, and we may as well enjoy it. :-) Wake up each day, and before letting the negative overtake you, remind yourself of the positive - it's so powerful (even John Tesh says so! ;-)). Thinking negatively is a habit, and habits are hard to break. Force positivity, and it will become your new habit. Don't worry about what you cannot change, and save your strength for what you can (and then DO IT!). Learn to let things go. Create a balance between housework and what "needs" to be done, and fun and relaxation. I'm not perfect, and I have a long ways to go, but I am finding that the more I let the negative in (venting is my big "work-on" - I can't even let myself start or it gets out of control!), the less I remember about all of the good in life. Anyone who knows me very personally knows that I still need to work on letting things go, but I'm making progress. Disclaimer: This is not in response to anything going on in my life, but only a result of being on break from work and having too much time to reflect. ;-)

No comments: