Thursday, August 29, 2013

Baby Hayden (+ DSLR Dump)

Aunt Stacey and Uncle Aaron welcomed sweet Baby Hayden - Jeff's and my first niece and the girls' first girl cousin into the world on August 8th. The girls and I went to meet her (Jeff had left for a bachelor party that morning) at the hospital. They were excited, but Kaitlyn was more toward thrilled. They both brought their babies and were talking about having to clean them up since they had blood on them. They had seen a picture of when Hayden was first born and got to hear all about what babies look like when they first come out. They puzzled for a bit, then went with it.

K was asking me in the car if she could hold Hayden, and I kept telling her that we'd have to wait and see. We had been there for a bit when she leaned over to whisper in my ear no to forget that she wanted to hold Hayden. She is SO my daughter. That's exactly what I would have done at that age -- way too shy to ask, but wanted to so badly.

So, we sat both girls down in a chair and lay (a supported) Hayden on a pillow in their laps. Kaitlyn was biting her cheeks, trying so hard not to smile. SO my daughter (I remember exactly what that felt like).










--------

And now, the big camera pics. These go back to June:

I can't believe how little they used to be! 









 Our short-lived rooster experience:


Little Buffy:


-------
 Stacey's baby shower. Grandma Bonnie and Grandpa Roger made this fruit baby carriage. So cute!




The beautiful mama!



 Her helpers:


Austen is such a good cousin -- testing out the trike to be sure it's safe for Hayden:


-------
4th of July outtakes:








A real-live "I want to BE my big sister" moment, caught on camera:


-------
 Chelan:





No comments: