Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Anniversary Weekend

Jeff and I spent the weekend on Orcas Island to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary (actually not until tomorrow - July 1st). We had a great time relaxing by the pool, going out to eat, hiking, kayaking, trail running, spotting endless amounts of deer, Big Buck Hunting (the video game; don't worry), etc., etc.

Of course these are all out of order. There were sooo many starfish - I had to go down the to the water and see if I could grab one. Don't worry, I put it back safe and sound!
This was the view from dinner our second night. Not too shabby:
This is the one I was trying for. :) (See the out take below.) This was on our hike to some falls (can't remember the name...)
Our kayaking adventure. A first for both of us! I was feeling anxious about this for two weeks before we went. I have a fear of "open water" (I don't even like falling and waiting for the boat while water skiing on a lake). I ended up being fine as soon as we went out. :)

I thought I was getting a different picture, and I cannot figure out how to delete one, so here's a random, dorky picture of me for ya:

There were deer EVERYWHERE! Here are two little babies :)

The top of Mt. Constitution:


The view of Mt. Rainier. Beautiful!

2 comments:

Deana said...

Looks like a fun weekend. Great pictures! Congrats on the anniversary!

Lisa said...

Thanks, Deana! We had a great time :)