Sunday, January 13, 2013

Benihana

Heading downtown for dinner at Benihana has been a fun tradition for as long as I can remember. We now go about every other year to every two years, depending on whether it works out. We always enjoy it when we do get to go! My brother was in town for Christmas, so we made it happen this year.

We weren't sure how Kaitlyn would do because of her dislike of any kind of "popping" sound (which does sometimes include cooking), but she loved it! Austen actually kind of freaked when our cook first came out -- our kids keep up on our toes like it's there job -- and K took her cue at first by getting nervous herself. They both calmed down quickly, and Kaitlyn was cracking up through most of the show. She informed me that I need to learn how to cook eggs like that...catching them in my chef's hat first, then tossing them in the air to crack them on my spatula on the way down. I'm going to leave it to the professionals for now.

















Mama rocks the perma-smile any time we do something like this.


We explored the Olympic Hotel for a bit. I could walk around in old buildings all day long...




----------


No comments: