Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Balancing Act

Balance is a crucial part of raising kids (and of life in general, actually), if you ask me. We love to go out and have adventures with the girls, but we also try to leave room for some down time at home. However, too much down time = cranky (bored) kids, so balance is key.

Our last few weekends haven't been as busy, so we've been enjoying some of that said down time. Mama needs it, too. :-)



I got to stay home with a sick girl for a couple of days since she couldn't go to day care.
One of Kaitlyn's latest activities. I didn't get a picture later of all of their babies tucked in their blankies on each chair.
Bundled up for a family walk!
My mom brought this up for me about a week ago. Even though I may have let a groan slip out when she handed it to me, I'll admit that I love it now. A little elf pops out on the hour and sings a Christmas song. The girls go running 100 miles an hour into the kitchen each time it starts.

Thank you, Pinterest, for this idea :-)

This is Austen's. You try getting a 21 month old to put a hand print onto an ornament. I think it has character. ;-)
Christmas Girl Jr. She takes after her mama! I have passed down my love for The Grinch quite successfully.

"Mr. Grinch" goes a lot of places these days. I couldn't believe she remembered him from last year. She asked me to go get him from the garage when I was decorating.
Have I mentioned that these two LOVE to dance?! Austen comes to us multiple times a day to command, "DANCE!" Which means, "Put on some good music, and make it snappy!"

A daddy and his girl. Jeff was more than thrilled that our on-the-go lady actually wanted to stop and snuggle after her nap. Everything else can wait for that. :-)
Mama and Kaitlyn made salt dough ornaments and gift tags. This girl could seriously focus on things like this for hours if you let her. She did this for 30 minutes, and cried when we made her take a dinner break. She's our little thinker!
Both got to paint. Every color is "GREEN!" to Austen. So, GREEN! means, "gimme more of whatever color you want, just gimme more!"
This play kitchen is still goin' strong, while all of the flashy, blinky, musical toys tend to sit the bench. They do still do quick drive-bys with those, but these girls always end up back in the kitchen with their imaginations.

DANCE!

No comments: