Saturday, September 24, 2011

Happy 18 Months, Austen!

Yesterday, our sweet Austen girl turned a year and a half old. She is our funny, smart, dare-devil, "I'll do what I want, when I want and I'll let you know exactly how I feel about it," adorable little girl. She walks in any place like she owns it - unlike her more shy sister - runs 60 miles an hour, and sleeps like a champ. She goes down for naps and nighttime like a dream, and says "nigh-nigh" in the sweetest high-pitched little voice. When you go into her room to wake her up at 6:00 for day care, she pops up smiling and laughing. She smacks people just so she can say "soooowwy." She says "peas" and "tank-yoooou" sometimes without even being asked. She LOVES slides and picking up rocks, and watches what her big sister does with wide eyes and admiration...copying everything she does has caused more bumps and bruises than anyone should have in their first 18 months of life. She says a whole bunch of words, and loves it when you tickle her chunky little thighs. Anywhere we go, people smile when they see her and comment on how adorable she is. I personally think that people are partial to babies with chubby cheeks that jiggle when they run. ;-) It's like Baywatch for chunky babies, and I'm going to miss it when it stops...

That's right, I'm bragging. She's my precious girl and I am allowed to do that so get over it. :-)


I had to include this picture. Anyone who has been around Austen knows that this is one of her signature looks (yes, including the snack on her face). This picture absolutely cracks me up; this is HER! :-) I promise she's a sweetheart...

No comments: