Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Big Girl Bed

Introducing...

Photobucket

Kaitlyn's big girl bed. :-) We were a little skeptical at first with the above reaction...we had resolved ourselves to getting little sleep last night. However, perhaps because she wore herself out with the jumping and excitement, she went to bed perfectly and slept until morning. I, of course, just jinxed it, and will be reporting on tonight at a later date. :-)

I'm sure I don't have to point out that this is bitter-sweet for us. It's so exciting and fun to see her growing up and becoming more independent, but it doesn't come without a bit (okay, more than a bit) of heartache. Wasn't she just a newborn? Wasn't I just rocking her to sleep and didn't she just need me to get up with her every few hours to nurse? We are finding that, as much as we miss past stages, there is always something to look forward to. Makes me appreciate the thousands of pictures we have taken!

Kaitlyn's bed may be new to her, but it's not exactly new. It was mine when I was her age, and it used to be yellow. While I did actually really like the yellow, it didn't match the new bedding so I decided to change it.





 Austen is excited, too :)


Photobucket

Photobucket 

No comments: