Monday, February 1, 2010

The Belly

So, I feel like a complete slacker with this pregnancy...I blame it on having a little one to take care of. :) This is the ONLY belly picture we have taken this time, and it's from a couple of weeks ago. I need to get another one, but this will do for now. :) I've had a few requests to get one up, so here it is!


Overall, this pregnancy has been smooth like the first one. Nothing too crazy to report, which is good, and I feel great for being over 30 weeks along. It will be nice to be able to put socks on without grunting and to wear normal clothes, but I am really trying to soak this up, as it will most likely be the last time I get to have a little one in my tummy. I may be more laid back about this one, but I still can't get enough of feeling our little bean doing gymnastics in my belly. Austen (I'm sure everyone's figured out that this is her name:)) does seem to move around more in the middle of the night than Kaitlyn ever did, so that makes me a bit nervous! "They" say that their awake times in the womb are many times consistent with how they will be in the outside world, so...we may be in for it. I hardly ever felt Kaitlyn in the middle of the night, and she was a great sleeper from the start. Oy.
We have now been telling Kaitlyn that Mama's ever-expanding belly is "Baby Austen." She lifts up my shirt and says "Aw-tee" whenever she gets the chance. I'm sure we are completely confusing the poor thing, but it's pretty darn cute! She has no idea what's ahead. ;)
That's about it...we can't believe that we only have a little over 8 weeks to go until the due date (April 3rd) - this has absolutely flown by!

No comments: