Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Hawaii Stragglers and Beds

I carefully brought our "big camera" to Hawaii with us, and of course only pulled it out a few times. I'm going to dump them here, along with a few more phone pics that got lost in the mix and some of the family pictures we had taken.

Here goes:


























































This one was missed earlier. They all coordinated by coincidence...loved it.




-----------
You win some, you lose some: The theme of these family pictures, taken by a photographer at The Clan's hotel. They get them done every year. Their pictures are beautiful -- everyone smiling; looking incredibly photogenic. Ours? This one was a big "Ohhhhh well!"

It could have been considered our fault, really. The girls were hot, tired, and maybe a little hungry. Anyone who is reading this and has/has had young children is either nodding or shaking their head and thinking, "Really, guys? You deserved it..."
 






 The only smiles of the entire hours, folks:




Jeff doing his best Kaitlyn impression









I'm sure I'll find more pics/memories buried somewhere and when I do, I'll litter another post. But first, a quick, forgotten story:

For a couple of months, Austen has been really into "role playing," I guess you'd call it. She pretends that she is either Paigey or Makya, and we are Kara, Travis, Cammie, or...Travis (their parents). It's cute and all, but I gotta admit that I'm ready to just be Mama again. ;)

So my dad told us on one of our last days, that he had turned around to grab something and when he turned back, Austen was saying hi to a family next to us. The woman says, "Oh, hi! We just met Paige here." HA!

--------

In other news, Jeff is building our raised vegetable beds for the backyard. Yippee! This has been a "plan" since we had our small veggie garden in the front yard, three years ago. Didn't take too long, right?



The girls obviously think everything belongs to them: 
I suppose now I actually have to commit to keeping up with growing, harvesting, and eating...

2 comments:

vindiebaby said...

Lovely pictures and beautiful girls :)


www.vindiebaby.com
Vintage Inspired Girls

Lisa said...

Thank you!