Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Seabrook, 2012

This was our third August trip to Seabrook with Jeff's family. We are liking loving this tradition! The weather wasn't fantastic this year, but we still managed to have a great time, and the lack of sun didn't phase the girls in the least. The ocean does amazing things to these kids. Once they hit the sand, they can be calm and content for hours. We just love watching them on the beach.

We didn't spend as much time at the beach as we would have liked, but we filled the long weekend with various adventures and enjoyed the unique beach house Grandma Bonnie reserved. We can't thank Jeff's parents enough for providing these memories for our family (our whole family, not just us four). Our girls will remember these trips when they are our age, and if they are anything like me, they'll gush over them like nobody's business.

I love the feel of Seabrook, and would not be disappointed if their decorator offered to come do my house. ;) I just love the little touches.





Kaitlyn and I went on a little adventure to the store while Austen (and Daddy) napped. A goal for the upcoming year: Make more one-on-one dates with my kids separately. Hold me to that.



Zipping her coat by herself, because
that's what almost-4-year-olds do.
This puppy was at the house, and Kaitlyn was attached to it for one day -- the dinosaur, too.






My heart hurts just thinking about the day she stops this.


K was SO proud of getting to keep her treat money in her own pocket:

(Blogger has quit letting me use captions without reformatting for me -- thank you, Blogger.)

Of all the treats in the store (and Mama offering pretty much anything -- they had ice cream!), K chose a DumDum. :)








Stinker :)



Got something stuck in her shoe...










Sooo excited about their sand dollars:












Austen loves her Grandpa Roger (and dog, Molly)
"Immuna go sit on the porch."
 Go figure, the sun came out in full force on our last day. :) We stopped for some beach time on our way out of town:
She hits the beach running -- seriously -- she doesn't stop.










On Saturday night, we met up with some friends, Andy and Megan, whose family owns a house at Seabrook. They had a group of friends with them, and one thought that our names were Keith and Allison. We think things like this are really funny, and we were Keith and Aly for the rest of the night, even when we went back home to play "Sticks" (a fun game that apparently resembles Pinochle -- I wouldn't know -- that we had a great time playing with Jeff's parents all three nights). By the end of that last night, Roger and Bonnie were Butch and Barb. We think we are funny; you don't have to.

We decided that this is Keith's personality.

We don't have many pictures of our little family, so I set the camera where I wanted it and asked Bonnie to start clicking. Grandma did an awesome job, and I'm thrilled to have some family pics.










It's Tuesday, and I'm still recovering from three nights of being up past my bedtime. This afternoon called for a rare, extra cup of coffee. Can't wait for next August!


**If anyone who happens to be reading this has a blog with a program other than Blogger, please let me know. The formatting has worked fine for my last few posts, but this one was another doozy. I'm ready to really move on from this site and try something new, but I have to be able to transfer all of my posts. Feel free to comment if you are so inclined. If not, I'll be forced to take a few minutes and figure it out for myself. ;)

No comments: