Friday, July 13, 2012

Quotables

Stories and quotes from the girls that I just know I'll forget if I don't publish them somewhere...

Heard from downstairs as the girls were playing with playdough: "Austen, can I sit on your head?"

Every single time I get back from a run, Austen cocks her head to the side, puts on her scrunch-face and says in her high-pitched voice, "You go runnin'?" And, if I'm lucky, "You wearin' a hat? Don't you need a coat on?"



Kaitlyn has gotten more and more into her big sister (aka "mommy") role. If Austen is upset, K will go up to her and soothe her with "Kaitlyn's here, Kaitlyn's here. What do you need?" She often comforts Riley this way, too.

Austen, the day before we actually started getting sunshine: "Mama? Can I please have a sunny day?"

Kaitlyn, running past me on her way to the bathroom: "Mama your hair looks funny!" And that was it.



Kaitlyn: "Um Austen...I don't really want you to use this. It's kinda a big girl thing."

I went upstairs  to discover that Austen had "cleaned" the bathroom with the toilet brush (in a matter of minutes).
Me: Sigh...
Austen: "Austen Jean!!"
She took the words right outta my mouth ;)

"Mama, shadows don't smile." ~Kaitlyn



Overheard while Austen was taking care of her babies: "Baby, I love you so much."

Kaitlyn made Austen a card, and went up to give it to her: "Happy Father's Day, Austen. I love you." She was so proud. :)

Austen is very protective of her big sister (it doesn't stop her from giving her some good smacks here and there, but that doesn't count, apparently). She often can be heard calling K "my sister" or "my sissy." I'm not even sure where she got the Sissy name, but I like that she has come up (or someone else did, I'm sure) with a pet name. For example: "I need to go play with my sissy." Lame example, but others escape me right now -- trust me that it's adorable.

Kaitlyn is becoming quite the little artist (well, in the eyes of her admittedly biased parents, that is). The Magnadoodles continue to be the most popular toy in our house.

"Cat" and "Fish" for your viewing pleasure:




------------

------------

We are headed up to the cabin in Index this weekend. I have endless treasured memories up there and can't wait to break it in for the girls and do the same for them. I spent a whole lot of my childhood up there, and it has since been a bit neglected for quite a few years. My parents have spent countless hours fixing it back up over the past year or so, and it's ready for us.

Over the river and through the woods...

No comments: