Saturday, May 21, 2011

Birthday Surprises

My cousin, Katryn, came in from Texas this week to surprise our grandma for her birthday. We joined the family for dinner in Edmonds on a perfect night to be at the waterfront.

Photobucket

The birthday girl sat next to Kaitlyn at dinner, and when Kaitlyn dropped her shoe (or her "Croc Shoe" as she calls it), Grandma hooked it with her cane to return it. You know it only took once for K to turn this into a game. And so it continued through much of dinner, much to a certain little girl's delight.
I love, love this picture. The looks on both of their faces are priceless!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Kaitlyn entertained herself quite well with DIY bongo drums:

Photobucket

After dinner, we headed for a walk by the water:

Photobucket

I have come to terms with the fact that, with two young kids, it is just too much work to get everyone to look at the camera. So, I have resorted to choosing the ones in which Jeff and I look good. ;-) (What?)

Photobucket

She insisted on this outfit that morning. Said, "This is my princess dress." The skirt is too big by iteself, so the solution was to put pants under it to hold it up. I, for one, think it's cute and makes a bold statement of character. ;-)

Photobucket

Photobucket

I feel lucky to not only be Katryn's cousin, but her friend as well. She's a beautiful, fun-loving, intelligent gal, whom I love spending time with when I can.

Photobucket

My brudder :-)

Photobucket

Can't be at the waterfront without the obligatory ferry picture:

Photobucket

This girl LOVES to be outside. Begs for it. Cries when you bring her inside. Would stay outside all day if she could. She is our free little bird. :-) Just look at how happy she is:

Photobucket

We have a lot to be happy about, even if every day isn't as beautiful as this one.

Photobucket Photobucket

2 comments:

The Muehlenbruch's said...

Lise- those pics are great! Do you have a new camera...? Looks like you are editing too- LOVE IT!

Lisa said...

Hee hee...I've just been messing around on picnik.com for fun - definitely just for fun and not thinking they are any good. :) No new camera, but did finally figure out that natural light is a lot better than flash (duh...how did nobody tell me that before?? I actually don't even know if that's right!), not that i know how to find it. :) Thanks, Jenn!